The types of information you provide us fit into two general categories:
· Personal Information: This is information that identifies you or others personally, such as your name, address, email address, Social Security number or phone number.
· Non-Personal Information: This is information about you or your household that doesn't identify you personally, like your gender, income or what types of financial products you're interested in.
There are three types of Usage Information we may collect:
· Device Information. This is information about how you access our Services, such as the operating system, hardware model, application or browser type and version, and unique identifiers associated with your device. We may also integrate with built-in device features (e.g., when you turn on fingerprint access for your Opexbot account).
· Log Information. There are certain pieces of information we automatically collect in system logs or similar files about how you interact with our Services, such as which features you visit or click on. This Log Information may also include things like your IP address, browser or device configuration, date and time of access, and cookie information.
· Location Information. We may use certain information like your IP address or other Device Information or Log Information to estimate your location (e.g., your city or state). We may also request to use location-enabled services on your device (which typically provide GPS or Wi-Fi access point details) to enhance our Services. We will only use these location-enabled services on your device with your consent, though.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from you and third parties to operate our Services, communicate with you, conduct research and development to improve or enhance our Services and our users' experience and promote our Services. These are a few examples:
· To create your account and provide the Services to you. We use the information we collect to create and secure your account, create and maintain your Member Profile, and to provide the Services to you.
· To provide features to you, such as your free credit reports and scores. We use the information we collect to provide you with free credit reports and scores from our credit bureau partners. Bankoff offers much more than free credit reports and scores though; the information we collect also goes into developing and bringing you various other features like free credit monitoring, ID monitoring, tracking your spending, and personalized offer recommendations.
· To improve our recommendations and insights. The information we collect also helps us tailor our content and improve the way we match you to recommended offers or insights. We're constantly working on ways to better identify and present the information that's most relevant to you.
· To communicate with you. We use the information we collect to provide you with member support or to send you things like service-related announcements, credit or ID monitoring alerts, recommendations, offers from our partners, and other updates or promotions. Most of the time we'll communicate with you by email, but we may also send you to push notifications, browser notifications, or even snail mail.
· To conduct research and to improve and promote our services. We use the information we collect to conduct research and to improve or enhance and promote our Services.
· For legal reasons. We reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer or disclose, at any time without notice to you, any information (including Personal Information) as reasonably necessary to:
· Comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena or legal process, or respond to any governmental requests and cooperate with law enforcement if we believe such action is required or permitted by law;
· To prevent or detect fraud. We use the information to protect the safety, integrity, rights or security of our members, our Services or equipment, or any third party; detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues related to our Services or our partners; or in required institutional risk control programs.
For keeping you updated on the latest enhancements on the platforms or for other means deemed necessary for business, which may include marketing purposes, we would send communication to our customers. If at any point in time you do not want to receive such communication, you can mention reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would entertain the request at the earliest.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online. We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
To be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur
• We will notify the users via email within 7 business days.
• We also adhere to the requirement that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law.
How is data protected on your systems
We take a number of steps to ensure customer's data is protected. For more details, please take a look at Appendix 1 of the addendum [Data Processing Agreement] which highlights the technical and organizational changes done to manage and secure customer data.
How long is data kept on the systems
We will store personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect the personal information, in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests. In general, information obtained in the course of providing our Service will be removed from general access within a few days and deleted latest within 3 years after the end of us providing our Service unless an earlier deletion is requested or has been agreed upon, or statutory retention requirements require longer retention or we need to retain such data for own legitimate interests.
Third-party websites and partners